What is Track Attack?
Track Attack is a skill development program aimed at skiers 8-12 who have completed a Jack Rabbits program or similar. The focus will be on learning to train through games and adventures. By the end of the session, skiers will be comfortable with all variations of classic and skate skiing.
Who is Track Attack for?
Track Attack is for skiers approximately 8-12 with a passion for cross country skiing. Skiers should be comfortable being active and outside for 1.5hrs. Individuals who are outside the age range or have not completed Jack Rabbits may still be suitable for the program – please contact Suzanne or Robin to confirm.
What gear is required?
- Skate skis
- Classic skis *if waxable, will also need grip wax
- Skate poles (approximately the height of chin)
- Classic poles (approximately the height of armpit)
- Skate boots and classic boots, OR combi boots *skate boots cannot be used as classic boots and vice versa.
- Appropriate clothing for cross country skiing
- Water bottle
Track Attack Facts
- Program Start Date: January 3rd, 2023
- Schedule: Runs for 8 weeks (16 sessions). Tuesday night is Skate skiing instruction, Thursday nights are Classic skiing instruction
- Start time: 5:30 pm – 7:00 pm
- Location: Lessons will start at the Hinton Nordic Centre Main Lodge
- Cost: $75 (plus membership)
- Register Now! To get a membership AND register for program, please go to www.zone4.ca and in the ‘Search for an event’ window, type in ‘Hinton’, then click ‘Hinton Annual Membership 2022-23’. When the options show up, follow the Membership and Programs option to purchase the appropriate membership, and pay program (now easier for you as it’s all on one form!).
- For Existing Members: If you already have a membership and want to sign up to this program, please contact Rahel Baumann at (780) 740-3486
For more information, contact Coach Suzanne Stevenson (403) 707-7244